www.ruthkoh.com

To see my portfolio, visit my website http://ruthkoh.com

Thursday, September 1, 2011

KMA Artscapes opens September 20 with silent auction

Last Friday I delivered one of my paintings that was selected for the Knoxville Museum of Art's Artscapes auction. Organized by the Guild of the Knoxville Museum of Art, the 13th annual auction is one of the Museum's major fundraisers that features 75 works of local, regional and national artists. You can see all of the works chosen for the auction at www.knoxart.org previous to the event. Co-chairs for this year's auction are Marga and Jay McBride and Mary Morris.

My painting, Our Neighbor's Barn 30x24", is oil on canvas and represents a fairly common site here in our rural Jefferson County area. Most of my work concentrates on natural scenery with an occasional distant view of barns or farmhouses which represent the vanishing landscapes that I love. Here's a detail of the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment