www.ruthkoh.com

To see my portfolio, visit my website http://ruthkoh.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

An update on fall and winter art shows

It's hard to believe my last post was November 21, 2011 and a lot has happened. After my show at River Gallery in Chattanooga in October, there was Artsclamation! in Knoxville and the show at Brentwood Academy in December in Nashville.

The show at River Gallery with Scott Hill was a great experience...He and his wife were so nice and the River Gallery staff and owner, Mary Portera were fantastic. At a book signing/show in late October, I met Saul Raisin, a young author who wrote


about his recovery from a cycling injury. Later in December, I had the pleasure of meeting Brett who purchased two paintings: Renewal and Shimmering Lights which are featured above.

At the Brentwood Academy Show I thoroughly enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones, like Pascal Bouterin, a young talented Frenchman, who was especially charming. His paintings were awesome!

Now I am staring at Spring and looking forward to ArtXtravangza at Webb School of Knoxville scheduled for the first weekend in March and the Harding Academy Show in in Nashville in May.

Oh yes, and during the holidays my husband helped me revamp and expand my studio space. Lots of work, and not quite finished. No excuses for procrastinating, though. I just finished a large painting and have begun work on others.

Whew. This is a long post. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment